floral background

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Travel Tuesdays - Costa Rica



I went to Costa Rica in 2007. It was a very exciting trip for me. I had just graduated with my M.A. and I used a piece of my savings to book the trip. Mr. Hobby, who was my boyfriend back then, had gone down there for school. I joined him at the end of his classes, and spent a wonderful time in the Manuel Antonio region of Costa Rica. It was so beautiful! This picture is from inside the Manuel Antonio National Park. About 45 minutes before the park closed the capuchin monkeys came to hang out by the park beach. They got pretty close to the people on the beach, and it made for some great photos. I was so excited after taking these photos. I saw monkeys, in their natural habitat! The endangered mono titi monkeys also live in the Manuel Antonio area. While we were there, we learned about some amazing kids who started a foundation to save these monkeys and the rainforest in the region. The website is called Kids Saving the Rainforest and it is great for both children and adults to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment