floral background

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Wrap-up

I'm a little sad that 2010 will be over in a few more hours. It has been a great year, maybe one of the best years of my life - who knows what the future brings.

The last quarter of 2009 wrapped up with exciting changes for me - a new promotion for the new school year, and a marriage proposal from my boyfriend. So when 2010 kicked off, I was busy planing a wedding, and continuing to explore my new role with new responsibility.

Due to the wedding, and wanting to look amazing, I joined a gym. I was making regular exercise a part of my daily gym for the first time in my life. In the past I'd done a weekly yoga class, but nothing serious. When I joined the gym, since all the classes were free, I spent a good portion of January and February exploring everything the gym had to offer for classes.

May 2010 marked my five year graduation from Bradley University. It was amazing for me to realize I'd spent more years as an alum at that point, than I'd spent as a student. But it is still so near and dear to my heart, and the memories seem like they were only yesterday sometimes.

In May I also traveled to the Gulf Shores for a wedding - it was also the time that the oil was starting to hit the gulf coast. It was really upsetting to see them preparing the beach for the oil.

In July I had one of the biggest moments of my life - I married my husband. It was a lot of planning ahead of time, but in the end, there were only a few hiccups, and nothing to ruin an amazing day.




And then we went on our amazing dream trip honeymoon. Fifteen days in Greece and Turkey.











When I returned, I found out a co-worker had left, and I assumed about 80% of her job (this would continue until Dec).

In August, I also had the honor of being the Matron of Honor for my best friend's wedding.


Me and another bridesmaid

I was busy at work, but also on working on my new life with my husband. While we had lived together before we were married, we hadn't really worked together as a unit before, with a shared budget. A huge change for us was to stop eating out so much, and try to start eating at home. In order for eating at home to be appealing to us, we had to start making real food, instead of those frozen one bag = one meal entrees. Since 2010 began, I've made bread from scratch, several new soups, different meat dishes including pork loin for the first time, stollen, homemade candy, and numerous other meals and baked treats.

Also big for me in 2010, I started this blog. While it has been slow posting at times, it is something I'd wanted to do for years, and never had the courage to try. So it has been a big move for me, and I hope to be setting the foundation for something I can be really proud of in 2011. As I say good-bye to 2010 later tonight, it will surely be a fond farewell. It was a good year to me. Here's hoping it is a happy 2011 for all, happy new year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment